The National Golf Course Owners Association (NGCOA) is honored to announce the winners of the association’s annual awards. Each year, the NGCOA recognizes the most outstanding members of the past year, and the individuals and organizations that have helped preserve the tradition of the game while embracing the challenges and opportunities of the golf business.
“There’s excitement for this special night when we get the opportunity to honor and recognize our members and industry peers,“ said Dick Stuntz, President of the NGCOA Board of Directors. “We are elated to honor such a great group this year and look forward to seeing everyone there.”
All winners will be recognized at Golf Business Conference 2020’s Celebration and Awards Dinner on Wednesday, January 22 in the Sunburst Ballroom in West Hall E/F at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. Tickets are still available for Golf Business Conference 2020 and the Awards Reception and Dinner; visit golfbusinessconference.com for details and registration.
National Course of the Year Award
Recognizes a golf course that epitomizes exceptional course quality and management excellence, makes important contributions to its communities and the game, and is a model of operations to its peers. The following members were selected as the Regional Course of the Year winners (from which the National Course of the Year is chosen):
- Hickory Stick Golf Club, Greenwood, IN (Midwest Region)
- Old Siasconset Golf Course, Nantucket, MA (East Region)
- Streamsong Black, Bowling Green, FL (South Region)
- Skylinks at Long Beach, Long Beach, CA (West Region)
From these regional winners, the NGCOA Board of Directors selected Hickory Stick Golf Club as the winner of the 2020 National Course of the Year.
Bestowed upon individuals or entities which have succeeded in working on behalf of a group of owners – locally, regionally, nationally or internationally – and have garnered significant victory for our members.
- Southern California Golf Association for its tireless governmental affairs efforts
And the combination of:
- NY State Club Association
- Metropolitan Golf Association
- National Club Association
- Club Management Association of America National and Local
for their collaborative efforts in defeating a NY tax bill that would have negatively impacted course owners across the state.
Don Rossi Award
Given for significant and long-lasting contribution to the NGCOA
- Rock Lucas, Owner, Charwood Golf Club, West Columbia, SC
Player Development Award
Bestowed upon a course, entity or individual, which has implemented true and tested player development programs, providing effective return-on-investment and an overall welcoming atmosphere for new golfers of all ages.
- Youth on Course, Pebble Beach, CA
- Applewood Golf Course’s Golf Fore Life Learning Center, Golden, CO
- Wilderness Ridge Golf Club, Lincoln, NE
Jemsek Award for Golf Course Excellence
Honors the world’s top golf courses, which are widely known for superior quality, having hosted major amateur and professional tournaments and for being venues to which golfers travel from far and wide.
- Spyglass Hill Golf Course, Pebble Beach, CA
Paul Porter Award
Recognizes an NGCOA member who left an enduring mark on a chapter or international affiliate through the highest level of commitment, service and leadership.
- Curt Walker, Executive Director, Midwest Golf Course Owners Association